Entry for the Rural Business Awards closes on the 30th of June 2017
Working in partnership with the CLA and Amazon, the awards were set up in order to recognise businesses operating in the rural sector. Their aim is to celebrate diversity and encourage businesses to continue demonstrating the breadth of opportunity that the British countryside has to offer.
An independent panel of judges with extensive knowledge of the rural industry will sit down on the 4th of July 2017 to select a shortlist of candidates across all categories, including:
1. Best Rural Start-up
2. Outstanding Rural Diversification Project
3. Best Rural Clothing or Accessories Business
4. Rural Innovation of the year
5. Best Rural Manufacturing Business
6. Best Rural Professional Services Business
7. Best Rural Creative or Media based Business
8. Social enterprise / community project of the year
9. Best Rural Tourism Business
10. Best Rural Sporting Business
11. Rural Employer of the year
12. Rural Entrepreneur of the year
13. Best Rural Food & Drink Business
This shortlist will then be published on the Rural Business Awards’ website on the 10th of July. The award ceremony will be held at Denbies Wine Estate, Surrey, on the 5th of October, at which the winners will officially be revealed.
Yet it doesn’t end there. Once each category’s winner is decided, the judges will pick an overall winner of the evening, who will be crowned the Champion of Champions. The rural business achieving this prestigious title will then be invited to talk at the Farm Business Innovation show, which will be held a month later at the NEC in Birmingham. Farm Business Innovation is Europe’s largest trade exhibition specifically dedicated to the diversifying farmer.
So hurry up and register your business before the 30th of June to be able to enter the competition!
How to enter the Rural Business Awards
CLICK HERE for more information about the Rural Business Awards.